20 Medical Conditions Therapeutic Massage Can Help
Many people get a massage because it feels wonderful, it’s a great way to relax, and they want to treat themselves to a day at the spa. However, massage is proving more and more to be an effective treatment and adjunct treatment for many medical conditions. Below is a list of various conditions massage therapy helps to treat either directly or in conjunction with a primary treatment.
- Physical pain such as muscle tension, back pain, neck, shoulders, elbows & knees
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- Frozen Shoulder
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Sports injuries
- Headaches & Migraines
- Common cold and flu
- Arthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Carpal Tunnel
- Breast Cancer & other types of cancer
- Recovering from major surgery such as heart bypass surgery
- Asthma & Bronchitis
The research being conducted on massage therapy demonstrates that it is an effective treatment for reducing chronic and acute physical pain. It can help you recover faster from injuries in the short term and reduce the need for pain medications and surgeries in the long term.
Therapeutic massage, in conjunction with directly treating physical pain, also alters your biochemistry; thereby dramatically improving your immune system, as well as boosting positive mood hormones.
Massage therapy is no longer regulated to spa days and get-away weekends. It can become an integral part of your life, especially if you suffer from any of the conditions above. Therapeutic massage treats your entire being from head-to-toe to mind, body & soul.
Massage Works Los Gatos offers massage therapy that does just that, it works, to help you get relief from chronic or acute pain as well as stress and strain. Our mission is to help active women and men incorporate massage as part of a healthy lifestyle to live with positive energy and vitality. Our skilled massage therapists help you get relief from problems such as headaches, carpal tunnel, knee pain and sciatica.
- Posted in: Althernative Healing ♦ Health ♦ Massage Works
- Tagged: anxiety, arthritis, Benefits of massage, carpal tunnel, depression, frozen shoulder, Headaches, insomnia, massage therapy, medical massage, muscle sprain, muscle strain, rotator cuff injury, sciatica, sports injuries, sports massage, tennis elbow, therapy for pain