The Health Benefits of Massage Continue to be Proven
Massage Therapy Research
The therapeutic benefits of massage continue to be researched and studied. Recent research has shown the effectiveness of massage for the following conditions:
- Cancer-related fatigue.11
- Low back pain.12
- Osteoarthritis of the knee.13
- Reducing post-operative pain.14
- Boosting the body’s immune system functioning.15
- Decreasing the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.16
- Lowering blood pressure.17
- Reducing headache frequency.18
- Easing alcohol withdrawal symptoms.19
- Decreasing pain in cancer patients.20
The American Massage Therapy Association® (AMTA®) is the largest non-profit, professional association serving more than 55,000 massage therapists, massage students and massage schools. The association is directed by volunteer leadership and fosters ongoing, direct member-involvement through its 51 chapters. AMTA works to advance the profession through ethics and standards, the promotion of fair and consistent licensing of massage therapists in all states, and public education on the benefits of massage.
Massage Works Los Gatos offers massage therapy that does just that, it works, to help you get relief from chronic or acute pain as well as stress and strain. Our mission is to help active women and men incorporate massage as part of a healthy lifestyle to live with positive energy and vitality. Our skilled massage therapists help you get relief from problems such as headaches, carpal tunnel, knee pain and sciatica.