Chopped Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Or Detox Salad which my husband totally loved but didn’t think the name detox salad sounded very appetizing.
I had gotten some beautiful cauliflower in my farm box and decided to give this recipe a try. It is from my new fave food website Oh She Glows
I find it difficult to eat raw broccoli and cauliflower but this way is super delicious! Get all the good stuff of the raw vegis like cholesterol lowering effects and anti cancer/ anti inflammatory / detox benefits with this salad.
The only thing I changed was I added half a red onion and did not use any maple syrup.
Inspired by Whole Foods
Yield: 10 cups (lots for the whole week!!)
- 2 heads broccoli (1 bunch), stems removed
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed
- 2.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- kosher salt, pepper to taste (1/4-1/2 tsp salt and lots of pepper)
- kelp granules or Herbamare (optional), to taste
- Pure maple syrup, to drizzle on before serving
1. In a food processor (or chop by hand) process the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
2. Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl. Do the same with the carrots.
3. Stir in the sunflower seeds, currants, raisins, and parsley. Add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
4. Drizzle with maple syrup to taste